The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Assassination of Asadullâh (the Lion of Allah) Hamzah bin ‘Abdul Muttalib

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Assassination of Asadullâh (the Lion of Allah) Hamzah bin ‘Abdul Muttalib Empty
PostSubject: Assassination of Asadullâh (the Lion of Allah) Hamzah bin ‘Abdul Muttalib   Assassination of Asadullâh (the Lion of Allah) Hamzah bin ‘Abdul Muttalib EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:56 pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Assassination of Asadullâh (the Lion of Allah) Hamzah bin ‘Abdul Muttalib:

Hamzah’s (Radhi Allahu Anhu) assassin, Wahshi bin Harb, described how he killed Hamzah. He said:

“I was a slave working to Jubair bin Mut‘im, whose paternal uncle Tu‘aimah bin ‘Adi was injured at Badr Battle. So when Quraish marched to Uhud, Jubair said to me: ‘If you kill Hamzah, the uncle of Muhammad, stealthily you shall be manumitted.’ ”

“So I marched with the people to Uhud.” He used to describe himself as, “I am a picaro good at spearing.” “So when the two parties fought, I set out seeking Hamzah. I saw him amidst people fighting. He was like a white and black striped camel, striking severely with his sword and no one could stand on his way. By Allah! When I was getting ready and trying to seize the fit opportunity to spear him, hiding sometimes behind a tree or a rock hoping that he might draw nearer and be within range — at that moment I caught sight of Siba‘ bin ‘Abd Al-‘Uzza going closer towards him. When Hamzah observed him, he said: ‘Come on! O son of the ‘clitoris-cutter.’ — for his mother used to be a circumciser. Then he struck one strong stroke that could hardly miss his head.”

Wahshi said: “Then I balanced my spear and shook it till I was content with it, then I speared him and it went down into his stomach and issued out between his legs. He attempted moving towards me but he was overcome by his wound. I left him there with the spear in his entrails till he died. Then I came to him, pulled out my spear and returned to the encampment place. I stayed there and did not go out, for he was the only one I sought. I only killed him to free myself. So as soon as I got back to Makkah, I became a free man.” (al-Bukhari 2/583)

Bringing The Situation Under Control:

Although the death of Asad (Lion) of Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) — Hamzah bin ‘Abdul Muttalib (Radhi Allahu Anhu) — was a great loss, the Muslims maintained full control over the whole situation on the battlefield. On that day, Abu Bakr, ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab, ‘Ali bin Abi Talib, Az-Zubair bin Al-‘Awwam, Mus‘ab bin ‘Umair, Talha bin ‘Ubaidullâh, ‘Abdullah bin Jahsh, Sa‘d bin Ar-Rabî‘ and Anas bin An-Nadr and others — all of them fought so fiercely, effectively and efficiently that they broke the strong will of the idolaters and scattered them.

From His Wife's Lap To Sword-Fights And Sorrows:

One of the brave adventurers of that day was Hanzala Al-Ghaseel (Radhi Allahu Anhu) — He was Hanzala bin Abu ‘Amir. Abu ‘Amir was the very monk that was nicknamed ‘Al-Fâsiq’ (i.e. the dissolute, evildoer). He is the very one that we have recently mentioned. Hanzala, who was newly married, left his wife’s bed for Al-Jihâd (Fight in the cause of Allah). He set out the moment he heard of the call to Al-Jihâd. When he faced the idolaters on the battlefield, he made his way through their ranks till he reached their leader Abu Sufyan Sakhr bin Harb and had almost killed him, if he had not been ordained to be a martyr. For at that moment he was seen by Shaddad bin Al-Aswad who struck him to death.
Back to top Go down

Assassination of Asadullâh (the Lion of Allah) Hamzah bin ‘Abdul Muttalib
Page 1 of 1