The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

6. A Letter to Haudha bin ‘Ali, Governor of Yamama

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

6. A Letter to Haudha bin ‘Ali, Governor of Yamama Empty
PostSubject: 6. A Letter to Haudha bin ‘Ali, Governor of Yamama   6. A Letter to Haudha bin ‘Ali, Governor of Yamama EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:16 pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

6. A Letter to Haudha bin ‘Ali, Governor of Yamama:

“In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

From Muhammad, Messenger of Allah to Haudha bin ‘Ali:

Peace be upon him who follows true guidance. Be informed that my religion shall prevail everywhere. You should accept Islam, and whatever under your command shall remain yours.”

The envoy chosen was Sulait bin ‘Amr Al-‘Amiri (Radhi Allahu Anhu), who after communicating his message, carried back the following reply to the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam):

“The Faith, to which you invite me, is very good. I am a famous orator and poet, the Arabs highly respect me and I am of account among them. If you include me in your government, I am prepared to follow you.”

The governor then bestowed a reward on Sulait and presented him with clothes made of Hajr fabric. Of course, he put all those presents in the trust of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam).

The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) did not accept Haudha’s demand. He usually turned down such peremptory tone, and would say that the whole matter was in the Hand of Allah, Who gave His land to whoever He desired. Gabriel later came with the Revelation that Haudha had died. The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam), in the context of his comment on this news, said: “Yamama is bound to give rise to a liar who will arrogate Prophethood to himself but he will subsequently be killed.” In reply to a question relating to the identity of the killer, the Prophet said “It is one of you, followers of Islam.”
Back to top Go down

6. A Letter to Haudha bin ‘Ali, Governor of Yamama
Page 1 of 1