The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Ruling: The sun does not purify

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Ruling: The sun does not purify  Empty
PostSubject: Ruling: The sun does not purify    Ruling: The sun does not purify  EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:06 pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Question

I have small children, whom I carry, and they urinate on my clothes, so I spread them out in the sun, until it is dry, then I pray in it. Is my prayer acceptable or not?

Answer

As for the urine of the boy, it is sufficient to sprinkle it with water if the child does not eat food, based upon the narration of Umm Qais bint Mihsan, (Radhi Allahu Anha) . She brought her small son, who had not yet begun eating, to the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) and he sat him in a room, and he urinated on his garment, so he called for water and he sprinkled it, without washing it. [Al-Bukhari no. 233 and Muslim no. 278]

The meaning of Nadh (the word used in the Hadith) is to wet with water, even if it does not run off to the ground, and it does not require soaking. It is understood from this that if the baby has eaten food, the urine must be washed out. As for the urine of the girl, it must be washed out, based upon the narration of Lubabah bint Al-Harith, who said:

“Al-Husain bin ‘Ali was in the room of the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) and he urinated upon him (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) so I said: ‘Wear another garment, and give me your Izar while I wash it.’ He said: “Only the urine of the girls must be washed, and the boy’s urine may be sprinkled.” [Abu Dawud no. 375]

This is the guidance of the Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) regarding the ruling on the urine of the boy and the girl. From what the questioner mentioned about drying his garment in the sun on which the child has urinated and then praying in it when it is dry, it is clear that the sun does not purify it and that prayer in it is not correct, as we have said.

The Permanent Committee for Legal Rulings – Saudi Arabia

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 2 Pages 32-33

pinkheartsmall

Back to top Go down

Ruling: The sun does not purify
Page 1 of 1