The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Storing Books and Magazines That Have Pictures in Them

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Storing Books and Magazines That Have Pictures in Them  Empty
PostSubject: Storing Books and Magazines That Have Pictures in Them    Storing Books and Magazines That Have Pictures in Them  EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:25 pm

:salamou:

Question

As a student in a secondary school, I enjoy passing my time by reading, which has prompted me to subscribe to a number of magazines. Some of these are Islamic in content, some are for general news and general information, and some are military magazines. Most of these magazines, though, have pictures of people in them. I store these magazines in a private office. I am aware of the punishment picture-makers will receive and I am also aware that angels don’t enter any home in which a dog or a picture is present – these facts I am made aware of by sayings of the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam). Please clarify this issue for me, in such a way that no doubt is left in my mind.

Answer

There is nothing wrong with keeping books, newspapers, and magazines – those that are beneficial – even if there are pictures in them. You should, however, wipe out any pictures of women and the faces of men, applying the authentic Hadith in this regard.

Shaikh Ibn Baz (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 8 Page 124

Back to top Go down

Storing Books and Magazines That Have Pictures in Them
Page 1 of 1