The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Worship is for Allah Alone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Worship is for Allah Alone Empty
PostSubject: Worship is for Allah Alone   Worship is for Allah Alone EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:56 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala commands us to worship HIM and HIM ALONE.

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him ……..” (Surah Al-Isra’17: 23)

“So, call upon Allah with sincere devotion making your worship pure for Him (Alone)………...” (Surah Ghafir 40: 14)

Furthermore the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) told us:

“Allah’s right upon His slaves it that they should worship Him Alone and not to associate anyone with Him in worship.”

Let’s discuss together what are Allah’s Rights upon us and how we can fulfill them.

Al-Ibadah (Worship)

“Say (O Muhammad): Verily my Prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah the Lord of the ‘Alamin. He has no partner, and of this I have being commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims (Surah Al-An’am 6: 162-163)

“……….And Hajj to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, for those who are able to undertake the journey; and whoever disbelieves, then Allah stands not in need of any of the `Alamin. (Mankind, Jinn and all that exists)” (Surah Al-Imran 3: 97)

Al-Khuf/Al-Khashyah (Fear)

“……..that men have no argument against you except those of them that are wrongdoers, so fear them not, fear ME, …………..(Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 150)

“It is only Shaitan that suggests to you the fear of his Auliya’ so fear them not, but fear ME, if you are true believers.” (Surah Al-Imran 3: 175)

Al-Raja’a (Hope)
“And don’t be weak in the pursuit of the enemy, if you are suffering then surely, they are suffering as you are suffering, but you have a hope from Allah that for which they hope not, and Allah is ever All-Knowing, All-Wise” (Surah An-Nisa' 4: 104)

“………So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord. (Surah Al-Kahf 18: 110)

At-Tawakkal (complete trust and dependence on Allah)

………..but Allah records their nightly (plots) so turn aside from them and put your trust in Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Sufficient as a Disposer of Affairs. (Surah An-Nisa' 4: 81)

“………….And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed.” (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 23)

Al-Khashi’in (Humility)

“……..Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and they se to humble themselves before us.”(Surah Al-Anbiya’ 21: 90)

Has not the time arrived for the believers that their hearts in all humility should engage in the remembrance of Allah and of the truth which has been revealed (to them) and that they should not become like those to whom was given revelation aforetime, but long ages passed over them and their hearts grew hard? For many among them are rebellious transgressors (Surah Al-Hadid 57: 16)

At-Taubah (Sincere Repentance)

“Know they not that Allah accepts repentance from His slaves and takes the Sadaqah, and that Allah Alone is the One Who forgives and accepts Repentance, Most Merciful?”

“And turn in repentance and in obedience with true faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam) before the torment comes upon you and then you will not be helped. (Surah Az-Zumar 39: 54)

Al-Isti’adhah (Seeking Refuge)

“so when you want to recite the Qur'an, seek refuge with Allah from Shaitan, the outcast (the cursed one).” (Surah An-Nahl 16: 98)

“Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind” (Surah An-Nas 114:1)

Seeking help (Al-Isti’aanah)

“You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help.”(Surah Al-Fatihah 1: 5)

“Musa said to his people: “Seek help in Allah and be patient. Verily, the earth is Allah’s. He gives it as a heritage to whom He wills of His slaves and the (blessed) end is for the pious. (Surah Al-A'raf 7: 128)

Calling for assistance (Al-Istansaar and Al-Istagheeth)

“(Remember) when you sought help of your Lord and He answered you (saying) I will help you ………..” (Surah Al-Anfal 8: 9)

“…………that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said: ‘When (will come) the Help of Allah? Yes certainly, the Help of Allah is near.” Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 214)

Al-Nadhr (Vowing, taking an Oath)
“(Remember) when the wife of Imran said: ‘O my Lord! I have vowed to You what is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services……………(Surah Al-Imran 3: 35)

“…………Verily I have vowed a fast unto the Most Gracious, so I shall not speak to any human being this day.” (Surah Maryam 19: 26)

bluefeather bluefeather bluefeather
Back to top Go down

Worship is for Allah Alone
Page 1 of 1