The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication   Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:15 pm

bismillah1  

Chapter 6
Remembering Allah and Supplication

1581. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Allah, the Most High says: 'I am with My slave when he remembers Me and his lips move with My mention." Related by Ibn Majah and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

divider 

1582. Mu'adh Ibn Jabal radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "A man does nothing to rescue himself from Allah’s punishment better than remembering Allah," Related by Ibn Abi Shaibah and At-Tabarani with a good chain of narrators.

divider

1583. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "People will not sit in an assembly in which they remember Allah without the angels surrounding them, mercy covering them, and Allah mentioning them among those who are with Him." Related by Muslim.

divider

1584. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, ''If people sit in an assembly in which they do not remember Allah or invoke blessings on the Prophet it will be a cause of grief to them on the Day of Resurrection." Related by At-Tirmidhi who graded it as Hasan.

divider

1585. Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari radiyallahu anhu  narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Whoever says ten times: 'None has the right to be worshipped except Allah alone, without partner, to Him belongs all sovereignty and praise. He gives life and causes death. He is over all things, Omnipotent,' will have a reward equivalent to that of emancipating four of the descendants of Ismail from slavery." Agreed upon.

divider

1586. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Whoever says a hundred times, 'How perfect Allah is and I praise Him,' his sins will be forgiven though they may be as much as the foam of the sea." Agreed upon.

divider

1587. Juairiyah bint al-Harith radiyallah anha narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said to me. "Since leaving you I have said four phrases which if weighed against all you have said today, would prove to be heavier: 'How perfect Allah is and I praise Him by the amount of His creation and His pleasure, and by the weight of His throne, and the ink of His words."  Related by Muslim.

divider

1588. Abu Said al-Khudri  radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said. "The lasting good deeds are: (the saying of) 'None has the right to be worshipped except Allah alone, How perfect Allah is and Allah is great and all praise is for Allah, There is no might nor power except with Allah." Related by An-Nasa'i, Ibn Hibban and Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

divider

1589. Samurah bin Jundub radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "The words dearer to Allah are four: 'How perfect Allah is and all praise is for Allah. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah alone and Allah is great.' It does not matter which you say first." Related by Muslim.

divider

1590. Abu Musa al-Ashari radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said to me, “O 'Abdullah bin Qais, would you like to be guided to one of the treasures of Paradise?'There is no might nor power except with Allah.' Agreed upon. An-Nasa'i added in his version. ''There is no refuge from Allah except by turning to Him.'

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication   Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:26 pm

bismillah1

1591. An-Nu’man bin al-Bashir radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Verily supplication is worship." Related by the four Imams and At-Tirmidhi graded it as Sahih.

divider

1592. Anas radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Supplication is the pith of worship." Related by At-Tirmidhi with a full chain of narrators .

divider

1593. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Nothing is more honorable before Allah than supplication." Related by At-Tirmidhi with a full chain of narrators. Ibn Hibban and Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

divider

1594. Anas radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said."A supplication made between the Adhan and Iqamah is never rejected." Related by An-Nasa'i and others. Ibn Hibban and others graded it as Sahih.

divider

1595. Salman radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Your Rabb (Lord of the Universe) is Modest and Generous, and would never turn the hands of a slave without gain when he raises them to Him (in supplication)," Related by the four Imams except An-Nasa'i. AI-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

divider

1596. 'Umar radiyallahu anhu  narrated, 'When the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa raised his hands in supplication, he did not lower them till he wiped his face with them.' Related by At-Tirmidhi. There are other traditions, which support this narration, of which are:

divider

1597. The Hadith narrated by Ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu  related by Abu Dawud and others. Put together, they confirm that it is Hasan.

divider

1598. Ibn Mas'ud radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Those who are nearest to me on the Day of Resurrection are those who invoke many blessings on me." Related by At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

divider

1599. Shaddad bin Aus radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "The best manner of asking for forgiveness is to say: ''OAllah! You are my Lord. None has the right to be worshipped except You. You created me and I am Your servant and I abide by Your covenant and promise as best I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil, which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favor upon me and I knowledge my sins, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin except You." Related by Al-Bukhari.

divider

1600. Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa never failed to say these words in the morning and the evening: "O Allah! I ask You for pardon and wellbeing in my religious and worldly affairs, and my family and my wealth. O Allah! Cover my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay. O Allah! Preserve me from the front and from behind and on my right and on my left and from above, and I seek refuge with You lest I be swallowed up by the earth." Related by An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah. Al-Hakim graded it Sahih.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication   Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:47 pm

bismillah1 

1601. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa used to supplicate saying, "O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the withholding of Your favor, the decline of the good health You have given, the suddenness of Your vengeance and from all forms of Your wrath." Related by Muslim.

divider

1602. Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu  narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa used to say, "O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the burden of debts and from being over-powered by men and from the gloating of enemies (at an evil I am afflicted with)." Related by An-Nasa'i and Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

divider

1603. Buraidah radiyallahu anhu  narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa heard a man saying: 'O Allah! I ask You by virtue that I testify that You are Allah; there is no God but You, the One - the Self Sufficient Master, Who did not beget and was not begotten, and to Whom no one is equal.' Allah's Messenger then said, "He has asked Allah by His Name by which when asked, He gives, and by which when supplicated, He answers." Related by the four Imams and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

divider

1604. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa would say in the morning, "O Allah! By Your leave we have reached the morning and by Your leave we have reached the evening. By Your leave we live and die, Unto You is our resurrection." In the evening, he would say the same except the last phrase: "and to You do we return," Related by the four Imams.

divider

1605. Anas radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah used to supplicate frequently: "O our Lord grant us the best in this life and the best in the next life, and protect us from the punishment of the Fire." Agreed upon.

divider

1606. Abu Musa Al-Ashari radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  used to supplicate, "O Allah, forgive me my faults, my ignorance, my immoderation in my concern. And You are better aware (of my affairs) than myself. 0 Allah, grant me forgiveness (of the faults which I committed) seriously or otherwise (and which I committed) inadvertently and deliberately. All these (failings) are in me. 0 Allah, grant me forgiveness-from the faults, which I did in haste or deferred, which I committed in privacy or in public and You are better aware (of them) than myself. You are the First and the Last and over all things You are Omnipotent." Agreed upon.

divider

1607. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  used to say, "O Allah Set right for me my religion, which is the safeguard of my affairs. And set right for me the affairs of the world wherein is my living. Decree the Hereafter to be good for me. And make this life, for me, (a source) of abundance for every good and make my death (a source) of comfort to me and protection against every evil." Related by Muslim.

divider

1608. Anas radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa used to say, "O Allah! Grant me benefit in what You have taught me, and teach me useful knowledge and provide me with knowledge that will benefit me." Related by An-Nasa'i and al-Hakim.

divider

1609. At-Tirmidhi reported a similar tradition on the authority of Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu   he said at its end. "And increase my knowledge. Praise be to Allah in all circumstances. I seek refuge in Allah from the state of those who will go to Hell." Its chain of narrators is good.

divider

1610. Aishah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa taught her this supplication, "O Allah! I ask You of all good of what I have done and what I have not done in this world and in the Hereafter. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done and what I have not done in this world and in the Hereafter. O Allah! I ask of You all good that Your servant and Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu aleihi wa  used to ask of You. I seek refuge in You from all evil that Your servant and Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu aleihi wa  used to seek refuge in You from. O Allah! I ask You for Paradise and what brings me nearer to it of deeds and sayings. I seek refuge in You from Hell-Fire and what brings me near to it of deeds and sayings. I ask You for the good consequences of Your Decree." Related by Ibn Majah Ibn Hibban and Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

divider

1611. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Two phrases which are dear to the Compassionate One and are light on the tongue but heavy in the scale are: "How perfect Allah is and I praise Him; and How perfect Allah is the Most Great." Agreed upon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication   Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 06-Remembering Allah and Supplication
Page 1 of 1