The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

O Allah make us of Your ‘few’ servants

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

O Allah make us of Your ‘few’ servants Empty
PostSubject: O Allah make us of Your ‘few’ servants   O Allah make us of Your ‘few’ servants EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 12:34 pm

As Salamu Alaikum 

I received this from a group via email.

Quote :
From a sister

This has to be the most beautiful post I have read this Ramadhan.

When Umar bin al-Khattab radi allahu `anhu (may God be pleased with him) was walking in the market, he passed by a man who was supplicating, “O Allah, make us of Your ‘few’ servants! O Allah make us of Your ‘few’ servants!”

So ‘Umar said to him, “Where did you get this du`a’ (supplication) from?” And the man said, “Allah in His Book says ‘And few of My servants are grateful.’(Qur’an 34:13)” So ‘Umar wept and admonished himself, “The people are more knowledgeable than you, O Umar! O Allah make us of Your ‘few’ servants.”

Sometimes when you advise someone to leave a sin, they respond with “But most people do it, it’s not just me!” But if you look for the words “most people” in the Qur’an, you will find that most people “do not know” (7:187),
“do not give thanks” (2:243) and
“do not believe” (11:17).

And if you look for “most of them”, you will find that most of them are “defiantly disobedient” (5:59),
“ignorant” (6:111),
“turning away” (21:24),
“do not reason” (29:23), and
“do not listen” (8:21).

So be of the “few”, whom Allah says about them:

“And few of My servants are grateful.” (34:13)

“But none had believed with him, except a few.” (11:40)

“In the Gardens of Pleasure, A [large] company of the former peoples, And a few of the later peoples.” (56:12-14)

Ibn al-Qayyim (ra) said, “Go on the path of truth and do not feel lonely because there are few who take that path, and beware of the path of falsehood and do not be deceived by the greatness of the perishers.”
Back to top Go down

O Allah make us of Your ‘few’ servants
Page 1 of 1