The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family   Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 11:55 am

bismillah1

Chapter 152

Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family

Hadith 920

Umm Salamah radiyallah anha: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"When you visit a sick or a dying person, you should utter good words because the angels say `Amin' at what you say.''  

She added: When Abu Salamah radiyallahu anhu died, I came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and said: "O Messenger of Allah, Abu Salamah has died.'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa directed me to supplicate thus:

"Allahummaghfir li wa lahu, wa a`qibni minhu `uqba hasanatan [O Allah, forgive me and him, and bestow upon me a better future (give me a better substitute)].''

So I supplicated as he directed, and Allah gave me a man who was better for me than Abu Salamah  radiyallahu anhu (i.e., the Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu aleihi wa). (The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa married Umm Salamah afterwards.) [Muslim].

Commentary: In order to fill the vacuum of the dead person, the family members should pray to Allah to grant them a better substitute as He is Omnipotent and nothing is impossible to Him.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family   Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:02 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 921

Umm Salamah radiyallah anha reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying,

"When a person suffers from a calamity and utters: `Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji`un. Allahumma ujurni fi musibati, wakhluf li khairan minha (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return. O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it), then Allah surely compensates him with reward and better substitute.''  

Umm Salamah radiyallah anha said: When Abu Salamah radiyallahu anhu  died, I repeated the same supplication as the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa had
commanded me (to do). So Allah bestowed upon me a better substitute than him (I was married to Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa). [Muslim].

Commentary: The better substitute which fell to Umm Salamah radiyallah anha as her lot, was her marriage with the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa after the death of her husband Abu Salamah radiyallahu anhu . She got the reward in her earthly life. If somebody remains deprived of it in the world, he is sure to have it in the life to come. However, this depends on the Will of Allah, for being the Creator, He has the best knowledge of what is appropriate and good for us.

red cherries For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 920 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family   Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:06 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 922

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"When a man's child dies, Allah, the Exalted, asks His angels, `Have you taken out the life of the child of My slave?' and they reply in the affirmative. He  azzawajal then asks, `Have you taken the fruit of his heart?' and they reply in the affirmative. Thereupon He asks, `What did my slave say?' They say: `He praised You and said: Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return).' Allah says: `Build a house for my slave in Jannah and name it Baitul-Hamd (the House of Praise).''' [At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary:
The death of a child is distressing to parents. But it will be a matter of great excellence on their part if they are patient.

red cherries For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 920 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family   Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:08 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 923

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"Allah, the Exalted, says: `I have no reward except Jannah for a believing slave of Mine who shows patience and anticipates My reward when I take away his favourite one from the inhabitants of the world.''' [Al-Bukhari].

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 920    pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family   Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:12 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 924

Usamah bin Zaid (Radhi Allahu Huma) reported: A daughter of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa sent a message to him that her son was at his last breath, and requested him to come to her. The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa sent back the informer saying:

"To Allah belongs what He takes and what He gives, and everything has a limited period (in this world). So ask her to endure patiently, and expect the reward of Allah.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
This Hadith exhorts us to keep self-composure at a moment of tribulation. The Prophet's daughter mentioned in this Hadith is Zainab radiyallah anha. See the Commentary on Hadith No. 29. Chapter 2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family   Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 152 - Good Words to be Uttered before a dying Person and his Family
Page 1 of 1