The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

On Mount As-Safa

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

On Mount As-Safa Empty
PostSubject: On Mount As-Safa   On Mount As-Safa EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 3:37 pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatuallahi wa Barakatuhu

On Mount As-Safa

After the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) became sure of Abu Talib's commitment to his protection while he called the people unto Allah, he stood up on Mount As-Safa one day and called out loudly: "O Sabahah! * " Sects of Quraish came to him. He called them to testify to the Oneness of Allah and believe in his Messengership and the Day of Resurrection. Al-Bukhari reported part of this story on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said: "When the following verses were revealed:

"And warn your tribe [O Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) ] of near kindred." [Surah Ash-Shu'ara' 26:214]

The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) ascended Mount As-Safa and started to call: "O Bani Fahr! O Bani 'Adi (two sects of Quraish)." Many people gathered and those who couldn't, sent somebody to report to them. Abu Lahab was also present. The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

"You see, if I were to tell you that there were some horsemen in the valley planning to raid you, will you believe me?" They said: "Yes, we have never experienced any lie from you." He said: "I am a Warner to you before a severe torment." Abu Lahab promptly replied: "Perish you all the day! Have you summoned us for such a thing?" These verses were immediately revealed on that occasion:

"Perish the two hands of Abi Lahab..." [Surah Al-Masad 111:1].

Muslim reported another part of this story on the authority of Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) — He said: "When the following verses were revealed:

"And warn your tribe [O Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) ] of near kindred." [Surah Ash-Shu'ara' 26:214]

The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) called all the people of Quraish; so they gathered and he gave them a general warning. Then he made a particular reference to certain tribes, and said: "O Quraish, rescue yourselves from the Fire; O people of Bani Ka'b, rescue yourselves from Fire; O Fatimah, daughter of Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam), rescue yourself from the Fire, for I have no power to protect you from Allah in anything except that I would sustain relationship with you."

It was verily a loud suggestive Call stating unequivocally to the closest people that belief in his Message constituted the corner-stone of any future relation between him and them, and that the blood-relation on which the whole Arabian life was based, had ceased to exist in the light of that Divine ultimatum.

*This is an Arabic expression used when one appeals for help or draws the attention of others to some danger.
Back to top Go down

On Mount As-Safa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center :: Sisters' Virtual Library :: The Muslimah's Private Library :: Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum- The Sealed Nectar-
Jump to: