The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Munaqaba08
Librarian
Librarian
Munaqaba08

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz Empty
PostSubject: Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz   Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:56 am

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz 72870

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz 726503
Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz 353866

Abu 'Abdullaah Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn 'Abdullaah ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Aal-Baaz was born in the city of Riyadh in Dhul-Hijjah 1330 A.H./1909 C.E.
He memorized the Qur.aan in his early age and then he acquired knowledge from many of the great scholars of the Kingdom. Some of his teachers were Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Lateef Aal-Shaykh, Shaykh Saalih ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez Aal-Shaykh and the eminent Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem Aal-Shaykh who, in his time, was the Muftee of Saudi Arabia. Shaykh Ibn Baaz accompanied the eminent Shaykh and learned from him for about ten years. Thus he gained his religious education from the family of Imaam Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab.
Afterwards Shaykh Ibn Baaz was appointed as a Justice and he worked for fourteen years in the judiciary until he was deputed to the education faculty. He remained engaged in teaching for nine years at Riyadh Islaamic Law College, Riyadh Religious Institute. Then he was appointed Vice-Chancellor of the Islaamic University, al-Madeenah; but shortly afterwards, he was made the Chancellor with all the administrative powers. Later he was appointed President of the General Presidency of Islaamic Research, Ifta, Call and Propagation, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
He held the position of Grand Muftee of Saudi Arabia, the Presidency of many Islaamic Committees and Councils, the prominent among these being: Senior Scholars Committee of the Kingdom, Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa, the Founding Committee of Muslim World League, World Supreme Council for Mosques, Islaamic Jurisprudence Assembly Makkah; and the member of the Supreme Council of the Islaamic University at al-Madeenah, and the Supreme Committee for Islaamic Propagation, until he passed away on Thursday 27 Muharram 1420 A.H./May 13 1999 C.E. May Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) have Mercy upon his soul, aameen.

Back to top Go down
http://ummannuman.weebly.com/
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz   Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa Barakatou....

Jewels of Guidance

All the following taken from :
www.fatwaonline.com

divider

JEWELS OF GUIDANCE 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz

"I arrived in Riyadh on a cold night..."

Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), ‘Abdullaah ibn Muhammad al-Mu’taaz narrates:

"Shaykh Muhammad Haamid who was the president of the group “As.haab al-Yameen” in Eritrea said:

“I arrived in Riyadh on a cold night, and did not have any (money) with which to pay for a hotel. So I thought about going to Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz’s house; the time was 3 o’clock in the morning (and) I was hesitant, but (finally) decided to go (to the Shaykh’s house).

I arrived outside his old mud-style house and found someone asleep by the gate. Having awoken, he opened the gate for me and I conveyed my greetings to him ever so quietly so that no-one (else) hears me since it was so late at night.

After a short while, I saw the Shaykh himself descending from the stairs with a pot of food. He extended greetings to me and gave me the food, saying:

“I heard your voice and brought this food for you, assuming you had not eaten this night”.

By Allaah, I was unable to sleep (the rest of the night) due to weeping at such noble manners”.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 233

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz 103992

"By Allaah! He has never asked me about it..."

Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), Doctor Naasir ibn Misfir az-Zahraanee narrates:

“Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn ‘Ateeq, the one in-charge of the Shaykh’s finances was asked: “Has the Shaykh ever asked you about his salary, and when it was due, or when it was spent, or anything about it? And has he ever asked you about how much his salary is?”

The Shaykh responded: “By Allaah! He has never asked me about it, rather he would ask about the salaries of the other people, stipulating that it must not be late”.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 223

rosebar

O Shaykh, he (even) speaks about you and slanders you"

Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), Doctor Naasir ibn Misfir az-Zahraanee narrates:

“Some students of knowledge came to the Shaykh complaining about a particular person. They explained his mistakes and some of the errors he has. So the Shaykh asked his assistant to begin taking notes so he could reprimand and advise this particular person.

Whilst the assistant was taking notes, one of the students added: “O Shaykh, he (even) speaks about you and slanders you”.

At that moment, the Shaykh asked his assistant to stop taking notes, as he feared it may be said that the Shaykh sought revenge for himself.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 204

fivestars

"Yes, I am ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz"

Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), Saalih ibn Raashid al-Huwaymil narrates on the authority of one of the trustworthy (people):

“...that one day, one of the (hajj) pilgrims who came from one of the Soviet states entered the dwelling of the Shaykh (Ibn Baaz) in Minaa, and when he saw him he said:

“Are you Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz?”

And the Shaykh replied in the most humble manner:

“Yes, I am ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz.”

So the pilgrim conveyed his salaam to him and embraced him, and kissed his (fore)head and said:

“By Allaah, I used to pray that Allaah does not cause me to die until I see (meet) you”.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 12-13

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz 72791

In that case you must be scared of her..."

Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), Fahd al-Bakraan narrates:

“Many have narrated that when someone wants to depart from the gathering of the Shaykh at night, that the Shaykh would invite him to stay and join them for supper, as was his manner with all who visited him. And if anyone asked to be excused, then the Shaykh would immediately respond by saying:

“In that case, you must be scared of her (implying his wife), certainly if you deny this, then you would remain with us for supper.”

May Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) shower His immense Mercy upon him and enter him to Paradise, (aameen).”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 13

divider

"Indeed Allaah is Most Giving and will make easy our affairs in provision"

Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullaah ibn Baaz (the Shaykh’s brother) mentioned:

“That his blood brother Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdullaah ibn Baaz used to maintain the ties of kinship with him and his parents ever since he was young.

He used to visit him regularly and ask about his health and used to kiss him on his (fore)head, when he used to live in the district of al-Badee’ah al-Qadeemah in Riyaadh.

And he used to ask about my children and encourage his (own) children to visit me, may Allaah have Mercy upon Abu ‘Abdullaah.

Ever since he was young he used to love knowledge and the scholars and used to be very giving towards them, such that he would always ask our mother (rahima-hallaah) for more during lunch and supper so that he could take it with him for his brothers (in Islaam) amongst the students of knowledge.
And we were young, and used to say to him:

“Why do you do that regularly?”

And he (rahima-hullaah) would say:

“Indeed Allaah is Most Giving and will make easy our affairs in provision”.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 29

divider

"...take a set portion from the Qur.aan everyday"

Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Muhammad ibn Daawood narrates:

“I used to walk with the Shaykh (rahima-hullaah) from Jaami’ al-Imaam Turkee ibn ‘Abdullaah to his house, and he asked me about my Qur'aan recitation. So I told him that I read it from time to time, but I don’t have a specific amount which I read everyday. So he directed me to take a set portion from the Qur'aan everyday, even if it is a little..

He then gave me an example, saying:

“Whoever reads an entire juz (part) daily, then he will complete the Qur.aan in a month, and whoever reads two juz (daily, will complete the Qur.aan) in fifteen days and so on”.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 25

*Please appropriately reference all quotes to: www.fatwa-online.com, thankyou!*

The Shaykh's official website: www.binbaz.org.sa

fountain
Back to top Go down

Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz
Page 1 of 1